TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Major Power Loss Issues Ongoing...
People Seeking Info

Subject Major Power Loss Issues Ongoing...

Posted by HellOnWheelZ on August 22, 2014 at 6:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 133 times.

Message So last year my car suddenly started acting up after a slight fender bender which had me replacing front fascia. (I now believe this was actually coincidental, oddly enough) I would start car and idle would seem normal until I started driving and the car warmed up. Then idle was up and down to the point of almost stalling. When driving and getting on the gas to accelerate, there was just no power. It would fall on its face and was not building boost.

The cats were found to be plugged up, injectors and stuff were dirty so they were cleaned up, a bit of wiring was replaced as it was a bit ratty looking, timing checked and it was spot on, TPS was checked, and MAF sensor replaced.

Now the car was actually holding boost, but still would die out in the 4-5k rpm range when trying to accelerate.

Another test finally showed a faulty crank position sensor so that was just recently replaced as well. However, it still falls on its face.

I am just about at the point of saying screw it, starting from scratch and simply overhauling the car, whole new motor (somewhat planned on it in the past anyway with upgraded turbo, etc in mind.) I've been two seasons without driving it now over this and just want it back.

So, I'm here for any input/advice on current issue... AND ALSO, who could you guys recommend I go to for building me a "turn-key" engine. I want the whole deal, shipped and ready to simply drop in. No more headaches!!!

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.